Before You Go to Sleep.

I think I'm going to sleep now. 


What if this was your last conversation? Would there be anyone in the world you would leave without setting things straight? 


Not really. I don't have any major unresolved issues with anyone. But there are arguments, silly stuff. 


How would you know it's silly? What if it means something to the other person?


I don't know. Maybe that person should have tried to sort it out if they cared, right?


But did you?


Yeah. I did.


Did you do the best you could? 


Maybe.


Do you have any regrets?


No.


Then you may go to sleep. 


That's all it to takes to sleep like Garfield.^
Perhaps that is a good way to end a day. If there is something unresolved, something that you may regret in the time to come, then it's better to set it straight before you go to sleep, before you switch off the light and pull the curtain on that day. Be glad for those you made you smile. Forgive those you made you cry. Thank those who lent you a hand.

Every night will guarantee peace. Every waking day will really be a fresh beginning, with no burden carried over from the previous day. And there will be no hesitation, regretted silence, or grudges. Only a new day, waiting to be enjoyed to the fullest.

Comments

  1. AnonymousMay 01, 2012

    Really refreshing thoughts. Very innocent. I hope I can enjoy every morning like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Neighborhood Project: Teaching Kids English.

What We Do in the Name of God: An Account of My Visit to SriKalahasti Temple

Tales from Abu Dhabi