Let Go.

Message sent.

Scene #1:
"I want a reply now. NOW. "

5   minutes. No reply.
12 minutes. Not yet.
*Disappointed*
19 minutes. Nope.
*Angry!!*
22 minutes. 1 New Message.
"Really??! Thanks for taking the pain to reply instantly. : P"

Scene #2:
"Screw the reply. "

* Peacefully working on something. *
22 minutes. 1 New Message.
"Oh yayy!!"

Often, disappointment is a concomitant of expectations. The more you expect something, the deeper the disappointment if it does not happen. That phrase "The higher you go, the harder you fall" now seems self-evident.

It works best for me when I stop expecting; when I complete my part of the job and then let go. If the result is unfavorable, it doesn't matter. Because I never expected anything in the first place. There is no disappointment. And if it is favorable. Voila! Need there be more reason for celebration? On the whole, letting go always leads to situations where you either go :-I or :)) . And both of them are way better than a =( situation.

I really needed to write this post right now. I have my SAT scores coming up tomorrow, and my test didn't go all that fabulous. Anyway, I've let go of it and am mentally prepared to re-take the test. This way, an unsatisfactory score won't disappoint me. And ofcourse, a good score will set off fireworks in my nerves. Either way, no disappointment. Yay.

Till now, it's working for me. You may wanna try it sometime.  Basically,

Do it. Then Chuck it.



Follow Up!  (24.12.2011)


Yeah. Shakespeare agrees with me.

Here's what this follow up is really about -
My score turned out be good enough. Now I can celebrate all I want!

Don't dwell on anything. Whatever happens, happens for a reason. A good one, always. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neighborhood Project: Teaching Kids English.

What We Do in the Name of God: An Account of My Visit to SriKalahasti Temple

Tales from Abu Dhabi