A Billion People and A Billion Perspectives

It's amazing how two people can have completely different experiences at the same place. The same place that I recall fondly could have been somebody else's nightmare. Why? I mean, the background doesn't change a bit - it's the same walls, the same floor, the same furniture and the same lighting. Nothing's changed. Yet, we walk off with varying opinions. Of course, "the place" is only material.

It's a nice collage. :| Does it convey what I meant it to?

 So if the place does not make much of a difference, then it's what happens to me there that does. And who decides what happens to me? Only the people I share the experience with and how I respond to them.Digressing a little, I think it probably works the other way round too. Where I am  might not matter as much as who I am with. The only conclusion I can reach is to not form opinions based on other people's reviews and experiences. Because our experiences are based on more than just a pretty landscape.

Now I feel that I have not concluded anything concrete in this post. But why do I even need to conclude? I'm allowed to just let my thoughts flow as they occur, ain't I? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Neighborhood Project: Teaching Kids English.

What We Do in the Name of God: An Account of My Visit to SriKalahasti Temple

Tales from Abu Dhabi